The Innocent Eye: Why Vision is not a Cognitive Process. New York: Oxford University Press, August 2014.
Reviews of my book:
- Michael Rescorla (UC Santa Barbara) in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, January 2015.
- Thomas Polger (University of Cincinnati) in Analysis, 75 (2): 343-345, 2015
- Craig French (University of Cambridge) in Times Literary Supplement, February, 2015.
- How Radical is Predictive Processing? With Geoff Lee, forthcoming in Andy Clark and Critics (Eds., Colombo, Irvine & Stapleton) OUP. Also available here: Orlandi&Lee forthcoming
- 20th Century Theories of Perception. forthcoming for the volume ‘Philosophy of Mind in the 20th and 21st Centuries’ (Routledge) edited by Amy Kind.
- Review of Lambert Wiesling’s “The Philosophy of Perception.” Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 2015.
- Review of Bence Nanay’s “Between Perception and Action.” Notre Dame Philosophival Reviews, 2014.
- Embedded Seeing: Vision in the Natural World. Nous, volume 47, Issue 4, pp. 727-747, 2013.
- Embedded Seeing-As: Multi-Stable Visual Perception without Interpretation. Philosophical Psychology, 2011, Volume 25, Issue 4, 2012.
- Perceptual Switching: the Illusion of Instantaneity and Visual Search. Review of Philosophy and Psychology, Volume 3, Issue 4: 469-480, 2012.
- Reversing as a dynamic process: variability of ocular and brain event in perceptual switching. With Hironori Nakatani and Cees van Leeuwen. Journal of Consciousness Studies, Vol. 19, 5-6, pp. 117-140(24), 2012.
- Il compeletamento amodale non richiede un sistema visivo inferenziale. Atti del Nono Convegno Annuale dell’ Associazione Italiana Scienze Cognitivie (AISC), ed. Marco Cruciani & Federico Cecconi, pp. 374-379, 2012.
- The Innocent Eye: Seeing-As Without Concepts. American Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. 48, No.1, 2011.
- Ambiguous Figures and Representationalism. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, Vol. 10, Issue 3, 307-323, 2011.
- Precisely timed oculomotor and parietal EEG activity in perceptual switching. With Hironori Nakatani and Ces van Leeuwen. Cognitive Neurodynamics, Vol 5, No.4: pp.399-409, 2011.
- Are Sensory Properties Represented in Perceptual Experience? Philosophical Psychology, Vol.23, No.6, 2010.
- Ingra Shellenberg’s How Paranoid’s Delusions Support ‘Stimulation Theory’ Southwest Philosphy Review Vol. 24, No.2, pp.33-36, 2008.
- Holistic Realism: a Response to Katz, on Holism and Intuition. with Michael Resnik, the Philosophical Forum 2003.
- Perception. for the MacMillan’s Interdisciplinary Handbooks: Philosophy of Mind, edited by Brian McLaughlin.
- Bayesian Perception is Ecological Perception. for the issue “Perceptual Appearances” in Philosophical Topics, edited by Christopher Hill and Brian McLaughlin.
- Philosophy of Psychology. with Janette Dinishak, for the Routledge Companian to Philosophy of Social Science, edited by Alex Rosenberg and Lee McIntyre.
- Vision. for the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online.
- Unconscious Inference: the Case of Vision. for a volume to be submitted to Oxford University Press, edited by Anders Nes and Timothy Chan.