The Innocent Eye: Why Vision is not a Cognitive Process. New York: Oxford University Press, August 2014.
Reviews of my book:
- Michael Rescorla (UC Santa Barbara) in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, January 2015.
- Thomas Polger (University of Cincinnati) in Analysis, 75 (2): 343-345, 2015
- Craig French (University of Cambridge) in Times Literary Supplement, February, 2015.
- Representing as Coordinating with Absence, in Smortchkova, J., Dolega, K., Schlicht, T.: What are mental Representations? New York: Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- 20th Century Theories of Perception, in the volume ‘Philosophy of Mind in the 20th and 21st Centuries’ (Routledge) edited by Amy Kind, 2019.
- Perception without Computation? in the Routledge Handbook of the Computational Mind, Edited by Mark Sprevak and Matteo Colombo, 2018.
- Predictive Perceptual Systems, in the special issue ‘Predictive Brains and Embodied, Enactive Cognition’ Synthese edited by Michael Kirchhoff, Volume 195, Issue 6, pp. 2367-2386, 2018.
- How Radical is Predictive Processing? With Geoff Lee, forthcoming in Andy Clark and Critics in (Eds., Colombo, Irvine, & Stapleton) Oxford University Press, 2018. Also available here: Orlandi&Lee forthcoming.
- Vision, for the Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online, 2018.
- Bayesian perception is ecological perception, Philosophical Topics, 44, no. 2, edited by Christopher Hill and Brian McLaughlin, 2016.
- Philosophy of Psychology, with Janette Dinishak in the Routledge Companion to Philosophy of Social Science, edited by Alex Rosenberg and Lee McIntyre, 2016.
- Perception, in McLaughlin, Brian P. editor Philosophy: Mind. Macmillan Interdisciplinary Handbooks: Philosophy Series. Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA/Gale, a Cengage Company, 2016.
- Review of Lambert Wiesling’s “The Philosophy of Perception.” Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 2015.
- Review of Bence Nanay’s “Between Perception and Action.” Notre Dame Philosophival Reviews, 2014.
- Embedded Seeing: Vision in the Natural World. Nous, volume 47, Issue 4, pp. 727-747, 2013.
- Embedded Seeing-As: Multi-Stable Visual Perception without Interpretation. Philosophical Psychology, 2011, Volume 25, Issue 4, 2012.
- Perceptual Switching: the Illusion of Instantaneity and Visual Search. Review of Philosophy and Psychology, Volume 3, Issue 4: 469-480, 2012.
- Reversing as a dynamic process: variability of ocular and brain event in perceptual switching. With Hironori Nakatani and Cees van Leeuwen. Journal of Consciousness Studies, Vol. 19, 5-6, pp. 117-140(24), 2012.
- Il compeletamento amodale non richiede un sistema visivo inferenziale. Atti del Nono Convegno Annuale dell’ Associazione Italiana Scienze Cognitivie (AISC), ed. Marco Cruciani & Federico Cecconi, pp. 374-379, 2012.
- The Innocent Eye: Seeing-As Without Concepts. American Philosophical Quarterly, Vol. 48, No.1, 2011.
- Ambiguous Figures and Representationalism. Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, Vol. 10, Issue 3, 307-323, 2011.
- Precisely timed oculomotor and parietal EEG activity in perceptual switching. With Hironori Nakatani and Ces van Leeuwen. Cognitive Neurodynamics, Vol 5, No.4: pp.399-409, 2011.
- Are Sensory Properties Represented in Perceptual Experience? Philosophical Psychology, Vol.23, No.6, 2010.
- Ingra Shellenberg’s How Paranoid’s Delusions Support ‘Stimulation Theory’ Southwest Philosphy Review Vol. 24, No.2, pp.33-36, 2008.
- Holistic Realism: a Response to Katz, on Holism and Intuition. with Michael Resnik, the Philosophical Forum 2003.